Meg’s Cooking Corner

Monday, May 3, 2010

Carne Asada Tacos

Cinco de Mayo reminded me that I have not posted one of my favorite Mexican dinners yet. I found this recipe from the blog For the Love of Cooking. I love to serve this at big parties along with mexican rice and fiesta salad with lime-cilantro dressing. When I make this for a large gathering, I make the carne asada steak and I also make my favorite lemon-garlic chicken for a variety for people to make their tacos with. Go have a fiesta this week! Find this and more great recipes at Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday at the Table, Tuesday Tastes, and Tempt my Tummy swap.





Carne Asada Tacos

1 1/2 - 2 lbs of flank steak (and/or use lemon-garlic chicken)
corn and/or flour tortillas
Taco toppings: shredded cheese, guacamole, onion & cilantro relish, salsa, etc. 

Carne Asada Marinade:
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp oregano
2 limes, juiced
4-5 cloves garlic, minced

Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a gallon-sized ziploc bag and add flank steak. Let marinate in fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight. Grill steak until done as desired. Let sit for at least 5-10 minutes. Slice across grain into strips.

Warm up tortillas until soft and pliable. Add meat, cheese, onion and top with guacamole.

Onion &Cilantro Relish: Combine one chopped onion, handful of chopped cilantro leaves, and a juice of one lime (or sub 1 Tbsp lime juice).










5 comments:

Traci Michele said...

Looks Yummo! Thanks....

Here's mine. Don't forget to follow me :-)

http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/05/put-on-your-sombreros-for-some-yummy.html

Jasey said...

My husband will just love these! Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Tastes! I am so very glad you have you!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

Debbi Smith said...

This looks like a great marinade! thanks!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Oh my gracious, this looks AMAZING!!! Mexican is my FAVORITE, but I've never tried these. They are next on my to do list!! Thanks for sharing!

Jasey said...

Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Tastes! I love having you! If you get a chance, come back and use the poll in the side bar to cast your vote for the People's Choice Award!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

www.crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com