Meg’s Cooking Corner

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chocolate-Raspberry Brownie Trifle

Trifles are a perfect dessert for a crowd. Easy to make, they look beautiful layered in a glass trifle bowl. There are many varieties, usually involving cake, pudding/cream and fruit. You can't go wrong with this version that includes brownies and raspberries. I first enjoyed it at a church social and had to make it again for a family dinner last week. If you are looking for a different trifle that is perfect for spring, try the Lemon-Berry Trifle I have already posted. Find many more recipes at Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Tempt my Tummy and Grocery Cart Challenge recipe swaps.









Chocolate-Raspberry Brownie Trifle

Brownies (1 brownie mix, made as directed and cut up into bite-sized pieces, or you could purchase store-bought brownie bites to save time)
large chocolate pudding mix
12 oz raspberries
cool-whip
2-3 Heath bars, crushed into pieces

Prepare pudding according to directions. Place half of the cubed brownies on the bottom of a glass bowl. Cover with half of the pudding. Layer half of the raspberries on top of the pudding. Cover with a layer of cool-whip and crushed heath bars. Repeat the layers using the rest of the ingredients.




7 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

That looks amazing! I've never made a trifle before. I need to go buy a glass trifle dish!

Julie said...

Oh yum...I'm in love with trifles AND chocolate!

MrsJenB said...

Yeah, you really can't go wrong with a trifle - they're very attractive and impressive looking, and they usually involve creaminess and chocolate. I mean, really - does it get any better?

Jackie said...

Looks wonderful!

Julie said...

I just bought a trifle dish. I can't wait to make one. This one looks delicious.

Sherrie said...

What an easy recipe. I will try it. Actually it would look good with my recipe for today of edible flowers sitting on top. You know how the trifle looks like dirt.... please check it out. Thanks.

Melinda said...

I need to find a trifle dish - this looks yummy!