Meg’s Cooking Corner

Monday, June 8, 2009

Marlboro Man Sandwich

This is a terrific recipe for those hot days when you don't want to crank on the oven. This comes from the Pioneer Woman, and she says it is her husband's (Marlboro Man) favorite sandwich. We don't live on a ranch, but I can testify that it is a man pleaser. All my boys love it when we have this for dinner. I have to admit, I get pretty excited too when I smell it cooking! It is an easy recipe to adapt, I use a little less butter than it calls for and add melted mozzarella on top. It would also be fun to add sauteed mushrooms and some fresh herbs. Have fun, stay cool, and try some this week! Recipe posted at Tempt my Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday today!



Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich by Pioneer Woman website

2-3 pounds cube steak (tenderized round steak)
1 large onion or 2 small/medium onions
4-6 French/Deli Rolls
Butter
Seasoned Salt
Worcestershire Sauce
Tabasco (we use Tapatio hot sauce instead)
Mozzarella Cheese, optional

Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter (or less) until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside. Slice cube steak against the grain into strips. Season with seasoning salt. Heat 2 Tbsp butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides. Add 1/2 cup (at least) of Worcestershire sauce, 5-6 shakes of Tabasco (or hot sauce) and 2 Tbsp butter. Add cooked onions and stir to combine. Butter the halved French rolls and brown both sides on skillet.

To assemble: lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on if desired. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!

8 comments:

Melissa Marie said...

This looks like quite a sandwich! My husband would lose his marbles for this! haha (Ok, I would probably lose mine, too.) Thanks for sharing!!

turtleracing4 said...

I am the mom to four boys as well, and this sandwich is a HUGE hit at our home.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh, a Pioneer Woman's recipe. yum. I know it it good. Thanks for the recipes and linking to TMTT.

Alea said...

My son would love this!

Lisa said...

WOW! The men in my life thank you :)

Rainy Day Farm said...

Yum! MUST HAVE RED MEAT! Can't wait to try it.
By the way, I tagged you on my blog. Check it out.

Gramma Carol said...

We will be trying this one for sure! Chris will love it, me too. Be a good one for the fourth of July weekend at the beach, huh? Thanks for sharing. Love you

Anonymous said...

These were a LARGE HIT this past weekend when we had several people living with us to feed. They all loved them, but Kris Kussee requested sauteed mushrooms on them (this was also good). Thanks for the recipe! Love ya