Meg’s Cooking Corner

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pretty Much Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies

There's something about the smell of a warm plate of cookies that lifts your spirits. I have a weakness for warm cookies and always overeat when they are fresh from the oven. If I could just hide from them long enough until they cool, I would not be so tempted. But what's the fun in that? These peanut butter cookies are my go-to cookies when I need a treat in a hurry. This is a family recipe handed down from my grandma. I added peanut butter chips to the recipe.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
peanut butter chips (I use Reese's brand)

Mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add eggs and mix. Then stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in 1-1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Press down gently with fork to make a crisscross pattern. Cook at 350 for 8 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

2 comments:

Gramma Carol said...

These are my favs too! The peanut butter chips just add to their greatness. Thanks, Gramma Luther!

Rainy Day Farm said...

Yummy, I will have to try those next! Have you ever put chocolate chips in pb cookies? Super yummy!