Meg’s Cooking Corner

Monday, February 23, 2009

Thai Peanut Noodles

This pasta dish has been a family favorite for a few years now. This recipe comes from my friend Anjanette and it is great because a) I love cilantro, b) I love peanut sauce, c) I love Thai dishes, d) I love how simple it is to throw together, and e) well, you don't need any more reasons, do you? My stepmother Onn is Thai and makes incredible food, so we always think fondly of her when we eat this and wish we were in her kitchen, eating spring rolls and spicy Thai food. Find more family favorite recipes today at Friday Favorite Ingredient.





Thai Peanut Noodles


1 lb chicken, cut into small, thin strips
8 oz thin spaghetti (to make gluten-free, use GF pasta)
4 green onions, chopped
4-6 baby carrots, sliced thin
cilantro, chopped finely
peanuts and fresh lime (I like to serve with lime wedges and squirt on some lime juice)


Peanut Sauce


1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup oil
3/8 cup (1/2 of a 3/4 cup) rice vinegar
1/8 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1/4 - 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (adjust for how hot you want it)


Mix sauce together and set aside. Toss the chicken strips into the sauce to marinate. While cooking your noodles, chop the green onions, baby carrots, and cilantro.


Right before your noodles are done, take the chicken out and brown it. Bring the peanut sauce to a boil for a couple of minutes. (Be careful not to overboil or sauce will caramelize). Strain noodles and put into a large bowl. Place veggies and chicken on top of pasta and pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with peanuts and fresh lime. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kara said...

My husband loves Thai food and I hardly ever make it. I should give this one a try, it looks fantastic!

Overwhelmed! said...

Yum! We love going out for Thai food but I've never tried to make it at home. Now I have an excuse to do so. :)

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Greatest Hits Edition recipe exchange. I’m doing a Weight Watcher’s Edition today!