Meg’s Cooking Corner

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sanity Savers : The Crock Pot

I really, really love my crock pot. I think it is definitely in my top 10 favorite things list. I usually use my crock-pot once a week but last week I was inspired to use it everyday. What a difference it made for our evenings! I will be posting some favorites that help make for stress-free dinners!

This recipe is the quickest and easiest crock pot recipe I use with only 4 ingredients! It is not what I would call low-fat, but more importantly it is delicious and comforting! Of course you could use low fat cream cheese and cream of chicken soup if you wanted to. I just don't. Although I probably should. Nah, I'd rather just go walk it off instead! I got this recipe from my friend Stephanie C. a few years back - thanks!

Cream Cheese Chicken

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg Italian dressing mix
8-12 chicken tenders
(this recipe is easy to reduce/double as needed for your family)

Combine cream cheese, soup and Italian dressing mix and pour over chicken in crock pot. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice (or egg noodles if you prefer).

1 comment:

Gardner Family said...

A friend just brought this recipe to us tonight as payback for a meal I took to her when she was sick. It was so delicious. Very much a comfort food taste. We all loved it! And it looks so simple!