Meg’s Cooking Corner

Monday, September 15, 2008

"Hot Chocolate" Brownies in a Mug

Brownies are the only dessert I make where I have to stop myself from licking all the batter. I am very selfish with my brownies, only sharing a few with the boys and gobbling up the rest after they are in bed. I curl up on the couch with my warm brownie in a bowl, topped with vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate syrup. Pure chocolate bliss. Luckily for my boys, the Crock Pot Lady blog had this fun recipe for making brownies in mugs in a crock pot. Of course it’s easy to make brownies in the oven, but this is novel and fun! We made these brownies for a family movie night last week. It was hard for me to share so much with them, but my boys were so excited and LOVED eating their "hot chocolate" brownies. And sharing is good!
Brownies in a Mug
-mugs (I fit 4-5 mugs inside of a 6 quart crockpot. Don't pick fancy mugs--use ones that you would throw in the dishwasher or heat up in the microwave.)
-your favorite brownie mix and ingredients per box instructions
-whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream
-chocolate syrup and/or sprinkles or mini m&m's (optional)

Mix up the brownie mix according to the directions listed on the package. Spray the mugs with cooking spray. Spoon brownie mix into each mug, filling it about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way. Put the mugs in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 ½ hours.

Cook time depends on what brownie mix you use, just check about every half hour after 2 hours. You will know they are fully cooked when they have risen, pulled away at the sides and you can insert a knife and pull it back out clean. Unplug the crockpot, and let the mugs sit with the lid off. They will be HOT. Leave them alone for a bit before removing. When the mug is coolish to the touch, top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and optional toppings.

1 comment:

Schultz Clan said...

Ooooo...this one is right up my alley! How unusual. I will try it and give you the praise! Thanks!