Meg’s Cooking Corner

Friday, July 11, 2008

Homestyle Amish Biscuits

One of my major food weakness is bread. But not just any supermarket bread will do, we're talking hot, crispy bread from my bread machine, homemade buttery rolls & biscuits or sweet wholesome muffins. Oooh, I'm hungry already! These amish biscuits are a quick favorite to make and would be great with the jambalaya, hearty casseroles or soup.

Homestyle Amish Biscuits
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
1 cup cold milk

Combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter or margarine (using a pastry blender or two knives) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Makes 1 dozen and they are great with jelly/jam.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I can't wait to try all your recipes. You are such a good cook! In fact, I think you have taught me to coook!

Mary Underwood said...

Megan, I just chanced upon this blog from your profile. Great Virginia Woolf quote. Totally agree! I'll see if I can't find some of my recipes to contribute. Though I'm very much the beginner cook. I'll definitely be trying these recipes. Great blog!